Thursday 23 July 2015

No More Thinking Corner

I felt unrest last week when I used the thinking corner to discipline Jeshua.

I put him there because he refused to finish his meal. But the moment he sat at the thinking corner, he said, "Papa, I want to eat."

Well, he has learnt to behave well in order to quickly get out of the thinking corner.

This, to me, is not ideal. Because the thinking corner has become a punishment corner to Jeshua. Thus, the moment he is placed there, he will cry. At the same time, he will quickly obey in order to get out.

Outward obedience may seem good. Yet it is not the main thing. The main thing is the heart - inward attitude.

I want him to respond and act because of his inward attitude. A conformed behaviour is useless.

As I spent time praying, God showed me what to do in replacement of the thinking corner.

I have tried it for three times - carrying him to a corner (not the thinking corner) and speak with him. Praise Jesus! It has been successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment