Monday 21 March 2016

Being Held

Today, I held J's hand as we walked to his school. As we were walking, we were singing, "Jesus loves me, this I know." All of a sudden, he tripped and almost fell. But as I was holding his hand, I managed to keep his feet on the ground. In that split moment, I had an encounter with the Father as two verses came to my mind.

Psalm 73:23 - Nevertheless I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand.

Psalm 121:3 - He will not let your foot slip— He who watches over you will not slumber.

My heart was filled with His love. His tangible presence came upon me.

The Father is always with us. He is always holding our hand. This is why we will never fall nor stumble if we continue to let Him hold our hand.

But just as J doesn't always allow me to hold his hand, we are not always letting the Father hold us. He doesn't let go of His hand. We are the ones who refuse to let Him hold us. This is when we stumble and fall. When we don't turn to Him and set our face towards Him, we stop letting Him hold us.

The way to walk on solid ground without our feet stumbling is to turn to Him continually as our Refuge and Help. Divine protection is a promise on His end. Yet it is up to us to receive His promise. Let Him hold our hand continually.

P.S: This song from Hillsong came to my mind.

I'm so secure
You're here with me
You stay the same
Your love remains here in my heart

So close I believe
You're holding me now
In Your hands I belong
You'll never let me go
So close I believe 
You're holding me now
In Your hands I belong
You'll never let me go

By Hillsong - In Your Hands

No comments:

Post a Comment