Monday 7 November 2016

Follow Me

Lately I found myself saying this to J for a couple of times.

"J, don't follow your friends' behaviours. Follow Papa."

It's easy to say to our children, "Don't follow your peers." But we need to give them a model to follow. Paul said, "Imitate me as I imitate Christ." He was giving others a model to follow. If our child doesn't have a model, he will look outside to follow others. Many people are afraid of telling their children, "Follow me" because it protects them from the responsibility of growing to be the right model.

Before our child can follow the Father, he needs an earthly model to follow. I'm not perfect. But by telling my son, "Follow Papa", I'm giving him a legitimate access to draw from my strengths and learn from my weaknesses. At the same time, it puts responsibility on me to keep abiding in the perfect Father and grow unto perfection. #fathering101

No comments:

Post a Comment