Tuesday 5 January 2016

Complete Forgiveness

"The reason why people in church hurt you is because they don't know who they were. The reason why you get hurt by them is because you don't know who you were." - Todd White


"...forgiving one another, ...even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do." - Col 3:13


Some say that forgiveness is not about feeling. It is a choice. In actual fact, we have NO choice. The Bible says, "you MUST do."


When Christ died on the Cross, He forgave all of us once and for all. Now we are supposed to live like Him.


As a father, I will always forgive my son no matter what he says or does. Between us, the word "forgiveness" is a past tense. I have forgiven him even before he apologises to me.


Yet it is interesting how we see forgiveness when we relate to other relationships apart from parent-child relationship. We need to hear "Sorry" before we can forgive.


God in Christ forgave us while we were still sinners. If we can see this, we will walk in complete forgiveness towards any human relationship WITHOUT the need for the one who hurt us to apologise to us.


I love what Todd White often says, "I refuse to let people's sin against me to be sin IN me by taking offense."

No comments:

Post a Comment