Saturday 16 October 2021

Sowing & Reaping for Christian Businessmen & Salespersons Part 1

Sowing & Reaping for Christian Businessmen & Salespersons Part 1

In my coming 7 years of encounters with all kinds of Christian salespersons/business people, I have learnt a great deal of what NOT to do, even in the midst of financial challenges. No one except my wife knows it full well.

I started off in this journey pretty affected by them, because they are Christians. I have expectations on Christians. Their lives are supposed to be different. Yet they are living like anyone, sometimes worse than non-believers, because mammon is involved.

Over the years, the wisdom and the peace of God empowered me to perceive and live differently. I refuse to lower my standard to that of those who do not know His way and realise their own value. You can call it stubbornness. It's sanctified perseverance, without which, it would be easy to lose your footing in a cut-throat industry, where many have. 

I am sharing from a life lived in this sales & business industry without compromise in integrity when it comes to money, often at the expense of losing deals. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰 𝐨𝐟 𝐆𝐨𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐝𝐚𝐲, because while many Christian businessmen/salespersons see their deals as their financial providence, I don't. 

I see God as my financial providence and El-Shaddai, literally. For I have so many face-to-face encounters with Jehovah Jireh. It would probably blow the mind of Singaporean men when I share some of the testimonies, which I don't do so in the public, due to confidentiality.

This post is meant for genuine Christians who are or want to be businessmen/salespersons. When you don't draw a regular income, and when you do not know when is your next income, that is when rubber meets the road. Your true beliefs (good or bad) will be revealed, regardless of your preaching. In the face of competition in the mammon world, you will be put to the test, whether you trust Him or yourself.

It is still too early to say that "I trust God to provide... God will always provide...", until you are placed in that situation. As far as I know, many of us don't really trust Him to provide, apart from our lip-service. The moment when you tell someone, "I'm believing God for this $$ amount of money...", you already show that you don't trust Him.

Rest (trust) comes from revelation. The bigger God is to you, the more you know how to stop striving. The lack of trust is the main reason why Christian businessmen/salespersons try to do things their way and compromise in various areas.

I am resolved to do what is right in the eyes of God as a Christian salesperson, even when it seems foolish in the eyes of men. For I know that the reward on earth is temporal. I'm looking heavenwards for a reward that is eternal.

That said... in the next post, I am going to share a kind of perspective that will put you at rest when you handle business/sales deals. I haven't heard anyone share about it in my limited exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment