Monday 18 October 2021

Sowing & Reaping for Christian Businessmen & Salespersons Part 3

Sowing & Reaping for Christian Businessmen & Salespersons Part 3

The context of this sharing can be found in Part 1 & Part 2. 

It's purpose is to stir up more Christian businessmen/salespersons to walk in the ways of the Kingdom and represent themselves with integrity and moral ethics.

In my limited exposure for close to 7 years, I honestly haven't met one top/rich businessman/salesperson who stays true to the King in the ways he/she handles businesses. I would love to connect with one.

In the previous post, I shared that 𝐬𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 keeps you in complete rest, so that your trust is in God, and not your shrewd ability to l̵i̵e̵ ̵a̵n̵d̵ ̵c̵o̵m̵p̵r̵o̵m̵i̵s̵e̵ close deals. 

To me, it's not called 'ability and smartness' if you need to use 'sales tactics' to close deals. Anyone can do that and be a top producer. I encountered a Christian rookie who suddenly became a top producer within a short period. Guess what? He used l̵y̵i̵n̵g̵ sales tactics in front of my client.

Therefore, such top producers (with many awards) in the eyes of men are zero in the Kingdom. I have no respect for them, regardless of their million dollars' achievement and their countless times receiving awards on stage. They have received their reward in full (Matt 6:2)

The principle of sowing and reaping does not just apply to the preaching of the Gospel. It also applies in business deals. When you realise that God is indeed your Provider, you no longer see the deals as your provider. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨. Christians compromise when they think that the deal is 𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 to God's providence. So they cannot afford to lose that deal.

In the context of the Gospel, you keep sowing. 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐰. Period. You might reap what you sow directly, but you might also reap what you did not sow directly.

The same perspective is to be applied to business deals. Your job is to sow. You might not close the deal that you are handling (sowing) directly. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐬𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐩 (Gal 6:9), even if it is not the deal that you have been sowing. Ask me how I know...

Because it happened so many times in the past 7 years that I began to notice the pattern and the ways of my faithful & loving Father. When He said that 'I will never you nor forsake you', He meant it in the context of Providence (Heb 13:5). He never lies!

You can be working hard (sowing) in one deal, and you don't close it because you stick with integrity and do not compromise. And God will remember your sowing and drop another deal for you to reap in time to come. Because He is your Father who provides. He keeps no record of wrong, but He keeps records of faith. Each time when you trust Him and don't take things into your own hands, He records it as faith. When you believe, you will receive (Mark 11:24).

I have not heard anyone shared this when it comes to business deals before. But this is something that God has taught me as I sought Him. It's a biblical principle that will put you at rest when you represent the King in the business/sales industry. Be blessed and walk in Him!

P.S: In the past, I always didn't want to do any recruitment, because I wasn't a top producer. Recently, I felt God speaking to me to start recruiting, so that I can impart Kingdom values in the marketplace, in a cut-throat industry where many Christians have succumbed to Mammon.

If you are keen to stay true to the King in the midst of businesses, drop me a PM or text, and I'll be happy to connect with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment