Thursday 17 November 2022

Is Earning Well Wrong?

Is Earning Well Wrong?

I was asked, "Wilson, is it wrong to desire to do well and earn more money to provide for our family?"

Sharing my five-cent worth...

The desire to provide for our family is godly, since God is Jehovah Jireh who provides. But the desire to earn more money (and do well) will become a powerful force of distraction for a believer to walk in the Kingdom.

In my industry, I haven't encountered a successful top Christian agent who walks in the Kingdom. At least among my limited network.

There is a reason why Jesus said that we cannot serve both God and Mammon. It is impossible to have both.

There is a reason why Matthew 6:33 exists and we are told to seek first His Kingdom.

There is a reason why the Word says that you cannot sow two kinds of seed in your field.

When our focus is on earning well, the Kingdom will take a back seat. While it is good to be thankful to God, testifying that God helps us to earn alot of money has little or no impact in the Kingdom. Why? Non-believers are also earning alot of money without God.

But what we can ask ourselves is this... 

"In the midst of earning well, how much impact have I done for the Kingdom?" 

"How much Kingdom-reality have I reflected in the midst of earning well?"

"How much I have given away to bless others in proportion to what I have earned?"

I am not a top-earner. I don't focus on earning alot of money. I wish I can, so that I can go around blessing people. But I know that if I focus on that, the Kingdom will take a back seat in my life.

The Kingdom is more important to me. And I am blessed to have a very supportive wife who doesn't seek after Mammon, because she knows my heart for the Kingdom. In fact, there are still alot of things I want to do, but I'm holding back in this season of my life.

In a nutshell, there is nothing wrong to desire to earn more, but we must weigh the impact we have for the Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment