Friday 19 December 2014

Presence - Dependence On Me

Was at the youth camp in Sembawang Camp Challenge when I received a call from my wife that Jeshua has injured his toe as the door closed on him. She has brought him to the family doctor but he advised that we should bring him to KK hospital for X-ray as it looked serious.

As I was taking a cab there, I was thinking about what different Christian ministers have shared concerning family emergency. A good handful of them believe that they should not stop ministering even if the family is going through emergency. The reasons they gave are as follow:

1) I have to trust God to take care of my family.
2) I want my family to trust God and depend on Him so that they know how to fight when attacks come.
3) I don't want the devil to use this over and over again as his platform to stop me from ministering to many other lives. If he knows that a family emergency can stop me, he will keep attacking.

Yet as I was pondering over it, I felt God speaking to me.

The Father's presence is the most important thing to me. It gives me comfort, confidence and assurance. If God the Father's presence is vital to me, my presence is vital to Jeshua. However, I can't be with him forever. It will come a point when God the Father has to be Jeshua's Father.

What do I mean by that?

Jeshua has to learn to depend on God the Father when he grows up. Even if an emergency happens, he has to learn to trust God himself. God is the One who can provide for all he needs. God is the One who is his ever-present help.

But before that happens, I represent God the Father to him, because he is still too young to understand the need to depend on God. Now he has to depend on me as the father. In other words, if emergency happens, I have to be present with him. My presence is important... at least until he learns how to be dependent on God.

When he comes into a relationship with God the Father, when he learns to be dependent on Him, it will be the time when I can be absent (if I'm ministering to other lives).

Thank You Jesus for this revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment