Sunday 13 July 2014

Papa

I recalled the first time when Jeshua called me "Papa". I was on cloud nine. It was an emotion I had never felt before in my life.

I can imagine how excited and delighted God the Father is when we call Him, "Papa." One simple word - "Papa" is what He longs to hear.

The morning after Jeshua contracted HFMD, he kept calling me "Papa, Papa, Papa..." He was crying out in pain due to the ulcers in his mouth and tongue. I almost didn't want to step out of the house for work, even though my wife was on childcare leave to take care of him.

It is impossible for us to call out "Papa God" without Him responding to us. He is always in eager expectation to hear and respond to us.

In the early stage of his growth, when I was down with a flu, I had to be sleeping in a different room from him. I couldn't go near him. That was miserable. I missed him badly. I was counting down moment by moment and anticipating the time when I could hear him calling, "Papa"; when I could go near and hug him again.

When we withdraw from Papa God, I believe He is extremely downcast. His emotions are intensified because He is God. He is saying, "Son, I miss you so much. I can't wait for you to call Me Papa and allow Me to embrace you."

"Papa", simple as it may sound but it carries a deep relationship filled with meaning and purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment