Monday 24 November 2014

What's Important

We went to Ningxia night market after staying almost the whole day in hotel. Decided to take a cab there as it is near our hotel but it's not as convenient if we were to go by train. 

Guess which cab driver I ended up with? Yes. The one whom I prayed for this afternoon! I didn't recognise him but he remembered that I prayed for his neck. He was very helpful throughout the way.

Within an hour or so, we were on our way back to hotel. Why? Jeshua was throwing tantrum when he couldn't get what he wanted.

I was thinking that if we were to discipline him in public just because we wanted to try out different snacks at the night market, it wouldn't be right. That would be discipling him for his good, but also because of our own convenience.

We packed a few snacks and headed back, before I disciplined him in the hotel room.

I am reminded that God the Father doesn't discipline us for His own convenience. He always disciplines us for our good.

No comments:

Post a Comment