Monday 30 June 2014

Carrying His Presence

Last two nights, Jeshua walked to me, held my hand and pulled me with him to the bathroom to bath for him. My heart almost melted. I was overjoyed! He did not just recognise my presence. He literally brought me with him.

In the Old Testament, the presence of God went before the people. In the New Testament, we can carry His presence everywhere we go.

Jeshua was "carrying" my presence to the bathroom. He knew that he needed to take his shower but he also understood that he couldn't do it by himself. He had to depend on me to help him.

It is easy for us to identify our needs and/or what we need to do. Yet the first resource we tap into is usually our human wisdom and abilities. We can even be praying for the Father to help but start using our own strength after we have prayed. We can also acknowledge His presence without drawing from His ability and carrying His presence to where we need to go and what we need to do.

Like a baby depending on his father, we need to know that "apart from God, we can do nothing." (John 15:5) The primary Resource should always be Him.

The answer to our needs and the abilities for what we need to do lie in His presence. If we can carry His presence (or "host His presence" as used by Bill Johnson), we can receive continual help, strength and abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment