Wednesday 25 June 2014

Whose Responsibility

My son has come to understand certain words, actions and language that I use.

But this doesn't come instantly. It took an effort from my part to keep repeating and making sure that he understood what I said.

Notice, it is my responsibility as a father to ensure that he understands what I say. Similarly, God the Father ensures that we hear His voice by speaking in a way that we, as His children, will understand.

We don't have to try so hard to hear His voice. We can trust Him as our loving Father to speak to us in a way that we understand. God's ability to be heard is much greater than our ability to hear Him.

Bill Johnson puts it this way, "God takes the responsibility to be heard whenever He finds someone who desires to hear. The heart to hear is more important than our ability to hear."

No comments:

Post a Comment